19 Julai 2018 - Cambridge Triangle
What it’s about
Cambridge Assessment English signed an agreement with the Ministry of Education in Malaysia to deliver a 5 year programme of consultancy services, driving the Malaysian reform agenda, with the end goal of supporting the Malaysian government to raise k-12 standard of English language learning, teaching and assessment. The project is an exciting and complex one in terms of scope and scale and requires a dynamic and fully dedicated Project Manager whose key role is to manage project deliverables, driving them to completion, and ensuring delivery to schedule. We are now halfway through the programme and the Project Manager vacancy has arisen due to an internal promotion.
What you’ll be doing
The post holder will:
The post holder will:
- Identify, create and operate appropriate systems and structures which ensure effective quality control and assurance of the key project deliverables; ensuring timely movement between project milestones and producing effective plans for the delivery of projects covering the full range of planning areas
- Monitor and manage project scope, quality and costs, and communicate/negotiate any variations to the project team
- Request and co-ordinate the necessary resources from within and beyond the project team in order to deliver the project as per the proposal
- Organise working group/implementation group meetings with relevant stakeholders, and ensure the decisions taken are minuted and shared
- Ensure effective communications internally and externally with the client with senior managers on project progress, including the Joint Programme Board and across Divisions, and especially at milestone completion
- Ensure that risks are identified and plans are put in place for their effective management or mitigation.
What we’re looking for
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with experience of (ideally accredited in) PRINCE2.
- Experience in medium or high-level management and managing complex projects
- Experience in the education sector would be useful but not essential.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to challenge and explore new ways of doing things.
- Willingness to travel, as the role may require travel to Malaysia during the project.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 1st August 2018 and interviews will be held on 9th August 2018
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Established over 150 years ago, Cambridge Assessment operates and manages the University's three exam boards and carries out leading-edge academic and operational research on assessment in education. We are a not-for-profit organisation.