04 Februari 2019 - Unit 28-01, Level 28, Q Sentral, 2A, Jalan Stesen Sentral2, KL Sentral
Project Manager - ASEAN (Solar), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Project Manager – USS, is responsible for the all phases of project delivery of Utility Scale solar projects in various countries in South East Asia Region. The role will be based in Singapore but with project execution in any country in ASEAN. The PM will be involved in RFP management, the setting of work scope, EPC contract negotiation, constructability reviews, engineering reviews, site visits, project execution, reporting and forecasting.
The PM role will work closely with the global functions related to EPC leadership, engineering leadership, procurement, OH&S and quality to ensure projects are delivered to the required safety, environmental, quality and cost standards.
Key job responsibilities :
- Overall the PM shall be the responsible for the planning, management, coordination and financial control of the project assigned in either its initiation or and/or its execution part.
- In the preparation phase he/she shall coordinate and support BD with the technical and contract management part (EPC+O&M) to acquire and/or co develop PV projects in the areas assigned.
- During the execution, the PM, while maintaining all others functions of the organization aligned and informed, shall lead and control the work carried out by EPC contractor and/or subcontractors, coordinate and supervise communications, control safety procedures, compliance with norms and design, carry out a close and constant cost control, lead project planning within corporative safety and quality regulations and legal requirements with the objective of meeting initial targets on track.
- Monitor and report upon all contractual compliance requirements.
- Upon the completion of the projects, control and coordinate the handover of projects to O&M counterparts assuring the plant produces as expected and all key events and issues are well documented and known by the receiving party
- The PM will represent the organization at internal or external events related to its assigned projects and shall supporting sales process in terms of project cost within corporate guidelines with the objective of meeting service levels required.
- Work with EPC contractors and sub-contractor to avoid cost or time claims, and lead any mediation on claims
- 10+ years of working experience with an engineering background and knowledge of the PMP methodology, he/she should be able to lead projects both in the execution as well as in the preparation phases in the renewables sectors.
- A Bachelor degree (or Diploma) qualified in Engineering (electrical or solar power) is preferred
- Renewable energy background and more than 7 years’ work experience in the PV Solar sector with EPC companies - Project Management experience of four years or greater, with at least two years as project manager of utility scale solar projects
- Experience in the South East Asia region is highly desired
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office such as Excel, MS Project - Good report writing, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Experience in client interaction and capability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well with people from a range of cultures
- Ability to work independently and to multi-task
- Availability to travel across the SE Asia region –
- Experience with ground mount projects and floating solar projects is highly valued
Monroe Consulting Group is an international award-winning executive search firm that delivers the highest standards of professionalism to multinational and national companies in emerging markets of Southeast Asia and Latin America. The group opened its first office in 2002 and expanded rapidly to build a network of offices in Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, China, Vietnam, Chile and Mexico.
In malaysia, Monroe handles a great deal of assignments in our major cities. We have an extensive amount of executive and managerial jobs and assignments in Kuala Lumpur, Johor, Penang, Singapore, Brunei, etc.