11 Februari 2019 - No 1, Jalan Tiang V8193, Bukit Jelutong Industrial Park, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for:-
- Performing maintenance inspections on Scania products and carry out preventive maintenance and repair work.
- Optimizing the flow in the Service Delivery Process.
- Ensure that customer requirements and expectations are met, through the provision of quality workmanship.
- Work accordantly to standards, regulations and requirements; comply with policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the collective competence development and continuous improvement of the team
- Communicate with other departments and workshop management to manage daily procedures and the work flow.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, following defined and updated standards and guidelines.
- Complete visual inspections on Scania vehicles (buses, coaches& trucks) and/or Scania Engines.
- Carry out routine and preventive maintenance related work seeking data and using Scania PC, SDP. 3, diagnostics, MULTI, or other applicable system/tools according to service manual.
- Work within given time frames, ensuring that agreed delivery time and quality requirements are met
- Carry out work in a structured and methodical way according to checklists.
- Ensure all job cards, work orders, service sheets and component failure reports are filled and completed correctly.
- Meet customers’ expectation through proactive communication and by applying knowledge, technical and personal skills to carry out work allocated.
- Ensure that all customer and company vehicles and property, including workshop tools and equipment, are handled properly, exercising due care.
- Maintain a professional standard when discussing work with customers and colleagues.
- Maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of products and services, attend training courses.
- Attend and contribute to daily follow up meetings.
- Take part in and contribute to SRS activities and continuous improvement work in the workshop.
- Comply with Safety, Health and Environmental regulations and safe working practices.
- Understand and work according to DOS to ensure uniform quality standards in all areas of the business.
- Maintain and upkeep tools and equipment’s using checklist.
- Make proposals to improve processes.
- Work according to parts ordering procedures.
- Record and document all work carried out, including additional repairs.
- Offer assistance and help team mates when necessary and possible.
- Share new knowledge and methods to colleagues at improvement meetings.
Education and/or Experience
- High school education/Vocational school education
- Heavy vehicle technician, equivalent experience or qualification
- Relevant work experience in a dealership position recommended/technical experience specifically for buses/coaches and trucks.
- Successfully completed Level 2 Scania Technician Training Programme or equivalent experience
- Heavy Vehicle licence preferable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Heavy Vehicle licence preferred
- Ability to manage own working time to meet deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to actively seek solutions to problems
- General computer skills
Scania is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks and buses for heavy transport applications, and of marine, industrial and power generation engines. Our strategic focus is on customer profitability by providing sustainable transport solutions, long-term customer commitment and premium products & services.
In Scania Malaysia alone, there are more than 250 people employed across the country in sales and service branches, mobile workshops and Scania Assistance standby service vans. We are also staffed to provide financial services through Scania Credit Malaysia. We are also present in neighbouring Singapore, Brunei, Myanmar, Vietnam, Philippines and Thailand; all of this to provide cost-effective transport solutions and maximum uptime to our customers.