15 April 2019 -
Reporting to the Global Lead – People & Development who is based in Sydney, the People Partner for East Asia will be responsible for providing a high standard of operational HR advice and support for people managers and employees across the East Asia region. Working closely with our country managers, you will oversee the full spectrum of HR delivery that support our operations.
This role currently supports seven countries in the East Asia region (Hong Kong, Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, China) but this may change over time depending on operational requirements.
The People Partner will own the outcomes of:
- Actively engaging with people managers and employees and openly communicating in all areas of employment related policies, processes, compliance and issue management
- Collaboratively designing and delivering on action plans with each client group that are aligned with the overall People & Organisational Development strategy and work plans.
- Partnering collaboratively with Country Managers and the Regional Associate Director to develop and implement people policies and practices appropriate to the local context (having regard to local labour laws, cultural norms, program needs) whilst maintaining global consistency across The Foundation.
- Acting as Subject Matter Expert for East Asia in POD projects.
- Leading on POD projects as required.
To be successful in this role, you will have previous experience working as a HR business partner within an international context (including emerging countries). You will be able to demonstrate your ability to lead and implement global policies and initiatives at a local level, whilst advising and influencing across a diverse range of cultures. You will have highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with strong planning, prioritisation and organisational skills. Your positive disposition, energy, resilience and commitment will be crucial.
This role will require frequent travel across the region; therefore, to be eligible to apply you must be able to access all 7 countries within the region.
How to apply & who to contact
For a detailed Job description and for information on how to apply please visit our website http://www.hollows.org/au/careers/current-vacancies
In your Cover Letter, please outline:
- your interest and motivations for applying
- your HR business partnering experience in an international context (including emerging countries
Closing date for Application: Monday 29th April
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children and community partners in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment
The Fred Hollows Foundation is inspired by the work of the late Professor Fred Hollows (1929-1993).
Working in around 25 countries, our vision is for a world where no one is needlessly blind, and Indigenous Australians enjoy the same health and life expectancy as other Australians. The Foundation is determined to be a key global player in ending avoidable blindness by 2020.
Over the last five years The Foundation has:
- Performed eye operations and treatments on 784,378 people
- Supported training for 31,121 medical and support staff
- Looked into the eyes of 6,614,085 people
- Provided $10,131,837 of medical equipment
- Built or upgraded 119 eye health facilities
- Expanded to work in more than 55 Indigenous communities Fred believed local people were best placed to deliver health care to their communities.
The Foundation seeks to strengthen and sustain local systems, both internationally and in our Indigenous Program. We bring resource, knowledge and capacity building to partners who contribute their own knowledge, capabilities and resources. We work together to achieve our ambitious goal.